Need a healthy dinner recipe for tonight? I’ve got you covered! My friend, Allie, brought this meal over to us after we had our 3rd baby and it’s been a staple in our dinner rotation ever since. It’s fresh, healthy, and the sweet and spicy flavors combined with the lime juice are absolutely to die for.
This post may contain Amazon Affiliate Links (paid links).
Check out the video to see how to make it and scroll below for the recipe.
Now For the Details
Grilled Salmon with Mango-Salsa
- 2 mangos, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, de-seeded
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- drizzle of honey
- juice of 1/2 half lemon
- 1-1 1/2 pound salmon
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
- olive oil
- Cook 1 cup of uncooked Jasmine rice in a rice cooker. (I linked the inexpensive one I use below). I usually start with the rice so it’s ready once the salmon is cooked.
- Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of aluminum foil and place salmon on top, skin facing the aluminum foil.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and juice of a 1/2 of a lemon.
- Grill on medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the salmon is grilling, begin preparing the mango salsa.
- Dice 2 mangos and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the jalapeño, red onion, avocado, and the cilantro to the same bowl as the mangos.
- Drizzle the juice of one lime over the mango salsa.
- Drizzle honey over the mango salsa
- Mix the salsa to combine all ingredients.
- Once the salmon is done, grab several serving bowls and place rice on the bottom, next the portioned salmon (salmon will peel off the skin once cooked)
- Lastly, spread the mango salsa on top.
Before you know it, you have a beautiful healthy meal put together. Your family will love this one!
“A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness”Elsa Schiaparelli
Below is a link to our rice maker. It’s nothing special but it gets the job done!
You gotta try this one!
Check out my post, Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders, for another one of my favorite meals!