I have always loved Chicken Cordon Bleu, so I recently thought to myself, why not turn one of my favorite dishes into a sandwich?! I wasn’t sure how these were going to turn out but they turned out delicious.
Let’s be honest, there isn’t anything that isn’t yummy when it’s made with Kings Hawaiian Rolls. With some shredded chicken, ham, Swiss cheese, and caramelized onions, this is a recipe that cannot fail! Best of all, they were easy peasy!
I will be adding these onto our weekly dinner rotation list!
Take a peek below to check out the recipe and a how-to video.
Let’s Make This Simple
Here’s the Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders
- 12 pack of Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked then shredded
- Splash of chicken broth
- 1 package of Swiss cheese
- 1 package of thinly sliced ham or 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham from the deli
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 stick of butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put 4 uncooked chicken breasts in the crockpot (drizzle olive oil on the bottom of the crock pot bowl and a splash of chicken broth so the chicken is not dry) in the morning and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Once the chicken has cooked for 4 hours, put the chicken in a bowl and with 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Dice the onion.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large pan.
- Add the diced onions and 1 stick of butter into the pan on low-medium heat.
- Let the onions caramelize in the butter for about 5 minutes.
- While onions are caramelizing, get a serrated bread knife and cut the Kings Hawaiian Rolls right down the middle.
- Take the top of the rolls off of the bottom half without breaking apart the sectioned rolls.
- Across the bottom half of the rolls, spread the caramelized butter and onions across the rolls.
- Spread the shredded chicken across the buttered bottom half of the bread.
- Put ham across the top of the shredded chicken.
- Put Swiss cheese across the ham.
- Put the top of the bread over the top of the cheese (12 rolls).
- Brush the melted butter and caramelized mixture across the top of the rolls.
- Spray a rectangular shaped pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the rolls in the oven on 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- While rolls are heating up, dice up parsley into small pieces.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top of the rolls once 10-12 minutes is up.
That’s all folks! Hope you enjoy these scrumptious little sliders.
While you’re here, check out my post on my favorite muffin recipe, Donut Muffins, below.