Skip the donut shop trip with your kiddos this weekend and try these super simple donut muffins. My mom always made these for me when I was little and I never forgot about them, they were my favorite! Now I make them for my kids and they love them. All of the ingredients are what you probably already have in your pantry-no need to run to the grocery store this time. Here’s the details below:
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter melted (1/2 cup)
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together
- Add all of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient mixture.
- Mix until batter is fully blended.
- Bake in the preheated oven with greased muffin pan or muffin cups until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, melt 1 stick of butter in a bowl and in another bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for the topping.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let cool. Then, remove the muffins from their cups or from the pan.
- Dip the top of each muffin in melted butter and then dip the butter soaked top of the muffin in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
Perfect little treat for your kids to enjoy!
While you’re at it, check out my favorite healthy morning smoothie!